Monday, May 31, 2010
Sunday, May 30, 2010
Saturday, May 29, 2010
Friday, May 28, 2010
Thursday, May 27, 2010
Not to mention they make me feel incredibly OLD.
I started thinking about how my high school journalism teacher always seemed to be this unfathomable grown-up age when she was really just a woman in her thirties who had just gotten married and had children. And that in a few years, the high schoolers trotting about in their little Forever 21 dresses and their hip little blogjournals will be looking at me like I am unfathomably adult.
Forgive me, I'm in an odd mood.
My blog is now bunny-themed (sort of). Which makes me feel better than you could imagine.
Speaking of bunnies, is anyone else a Fifi Lapin fan? Fashion and cartoon wabbits, yeah?
Tuesday, May 25, 2010
First off, let me share some images from one of my favorite window-shopping websites, Ruche.
Everything is so girly and pretty I could just die. I also have a dire, dire love of Pajiba, which is the snarkiest movie review/celebrity news website in the world.
I don't really know why I am posting any of this right now, except to share with you some of my bored, midday links. I also wanted to say, HAPPY BELATEDBIRTHDAY, TOBY!!! I can't believe I did not know that it was your date of birth, but I blame my lack of social media linkedness (aka facebook) and the fact that Justin is a bad friend and didn't inform me of any festivities/gifts/plans. Also, I was in Yosemite with le boy, trekking through woods (kind of) and avoiding getting eaten by bears. It was lovely! And also very cold.
In any event, I would very much like to go home and veg out, but I'm pretty sure I have a formidable pile of homeworks and papers and reading and other such academic things waiting for me. In the meantime, though, I have more excel spreadsheets and another long ride on public transportation to look forward to. Yay!
IT'S IMPOSSIBLE TO DO WORK UNDER THESE CONDITIONS.
I want to die and go to broadband heaven, please.
Friday, May 21, 2010
Thursday, May 20, 2010
I also really want a grilled cheese. And maybe some clam chowder. Yay, so many comfortable thingsssss.
2. Some days, when the office is especially empty, my only true work friends are Cactus and Other Cactus, two little plants left over from the Cinco de Mayo party. They sit next to my computer screen and look festive. I hope that they are not dying, because I have not watered them ever, but I don't think that cacti really need to be watered that often, right?
3. Wong Kar-Wai, let's marathon it.
4. I have to pick up graduation tickets tomorrow, how exciting and yet surreal at the same time! So far, my search for employment has yielded no results, but we shall see, we shall see indeed. At least I've got a bunch of cover letters written up to use as potential templates.
5. I have such talented friends and loved ones! Really. I do. It's the most wonderful thing ever.
6. I need to start biking/walking/moving or something. Sedentary cubicle life is making me sluggish tous les jours.
Friday, May 14, 2010
|1. Metric- Eclipse (All Yours)|
|2. MUSE- Neutron Star Collision (Love Is Forever)|
|3. The Bravery- Ours|
|4. Florence + The Machine- Heavy In Your Arms|
|5. Sia- My Love|
|6. Fanfarlo- Atlas|
|7. The Black Keys- Chop And Change|
|8. The Dead Weather- Rolling In On A Burning Tire|
|9. Beck and Bat For Lashes- Let's Get Lost|
|10. Vampire Weekend- Jonathan Low|
|11. UNKLE- With You In My Head (Feat. The Black Angels)|
|12. Eastern Conference Champions- A Million Miles An Hour|
|13. Band of Horses- Life On Earth|
|14. Cee Lo Green- What Part of Forever|
|15. Howard Shore- Jacob’s Theme|
Thursday, May 13, 2010
Yes, I think so.
2. To be able to live the culinary life of all those food bloggers with beautiful (and well-documented!) homemade meals every night, aaahhhh. Hungry me.
3. To have $s to spend. Not in excess, just enough to get by. Some security (of the job-related sort) would be nice.
4. Cuddling. In pajamas. At 11:18 a.m., having not woken up at 6 freakin' a.m. to take the bus to work.
5. A puppy, pleaseee.
6. And a long, pleasant walk to relieve all stress and exhaustion at the moment.
Looking forward to the weekend, though! Should be a good one with my favorite people :). PS- Someone please remind me when we have to pick up our grad tickets. AAAH can't believe this whole thing is almost over, what a surreal thought.